GOATBABIES! Goldie Jr.

What did you do today? I delivered goatbabies at 11 am today (after an entire night of laying away listening to Goldie Jr paw the floor.). I did my best to record the event with my new Coolpix camera.

Please note…. some people may find this a bit “intense”. To me it is just a wonderful part of life…. a part of my life…

If you want to see the reality and joy of birth…. please to enjoy…

9 thoughts on “GOATBABIES! Goldie Jr.

1. Jan says:

Molly this is an excellent teaching video for a normal birth scenario. Thank you for sharing. Goldie Jr. did a fabulous job. I teared up, of course….the “boys” have a special place in my heart now. I hope to get physically attached to my new farm by this summer in order to soon become financially attached to the goats who will be sharing it with me. The emotional attachment is already there! 😉 Can’t wait to see more pics of the babies.

2. MB says:

WOW! Thanks for posting this – very informative! I know we just watched the miracle of life and all, but my favorite thing about the video is that chicken telling everyone all about it in the background :0)

3. Alex says:

Good taping Molly! Congrats on her safe and fast kidding! I always wondered what your place sounded like…. Can’t wait for more from you!

Nice to see you Alex.
    Yeah that is what my farm sounds like, I wish that chicken would be a be more quiet. We call her the “Cranky Chicken” and she is always complaining about something.

5. Tammie says:

I loved the video! ITheir birth seemed to go so quickly.
    Makes me so much more excited for our doe to (hopefully) give birth in June. it would be the first birthing on our little place.
    Thank you for sharing that. Very informative to see what to expect.

6. Kimmy says:

That was a great video! I got my first goat from a friend who made it to her doe’s pen just in time to see my little Newton’s head, and nothing else, being born and mama goat running around in a panic for 5-10 minutes. Newton ended up being my first newborn bottle-fed baby. I hope to have lambs next year from my only lamb, Mary, so this video helped me a lot!

7. Jennifer says:

Thank you so much for hosting this website… I’m a “first-time soon to be grandma” -my very special young doe “Lorenza” is due within the next 2 weeks- and I really needed to see normal goat birthing behavior in order to know what to look for.
    Thanks again!

8. Sara Avrams says:

Hi Molly,

I have been reading your website for a year. But, I just got a goat and need information on milking, udder (good vs. bad) I’ve read all the stuff you have but want more. I think your videos like this one in conjunction with the written stuff are better for teaching than writing alone.

This one was excellant.

9. Seneca Corriveau says:

Pretty talented to run the camera and deliver at the same time! Molly, I have a question for you… My Tinka is due to kid in @10-15 days, her first kidding. She, as far as I know, hasn’t been tested for CAE or anythingelse.. so having said that, I’m planning to bottle feed the kids and not let Tinka clean them. What is your experience/advice on the matter?